When planning out your Pinterest marketing strategy, just like with any other type of social media marketing, you must take a tactical approach that will cover all of your bases for defining your target audience – you must cater to their wants and needs, and convert them into customers who will, in turn, help you grow your community. One of the key elements in achieving this is to use your Pinterest training to effectively incorporate your company's purpose statement into your marketing tactical wheel model. In doing so, you open the door for promotion and conversion opportunities that render successful Pinterest marketing.
The Wheel and Pinterest Marketing Tactics
The tactical wheel is a social media marketing concept that can be applied to any social media platform in order to effectively plan, implement, and analyze any social media marketing strategy. The development of tactics for a Pinterest marketing strategy can be greatly helped along by the use of the tactical wheel guidelines, particularly since Pinterest is such a unique and relatively new social networking site for businesses. When you have a purpose statement that is thorough, comprehensive, and all-encompassing of your goals and direction, incorporating its elements into the wheel can easily and seamlessly transition your plan from concept to concrete strategy.
Below are some Pinterest tactics to consider as they relate to the five steps in the tactical wheel process.
- Listening. As the first and possibly the most important step in the tactical wheel process, listening is essential in order to understand who your message will be directed at, and how you should present that message. One key tactic for your Pinterest marketing to find out about your Pinterest prospects is to search keywords and phrases relevant to your industry, and learn who your Pinterest audience is and what things they are most interested in.
- Building community. Building a community, the second step in the wheel, requires active recruitment tactics that can be found in strategies for other social media platforms. For instance, making full use of Pinterest "Pin It" and "Follow" buttons on your website and blog gives site visitors an opportunity to keep up with you on Pinterest. You can also decide to share your new Pinterest boards across platforms in order to get more followers and build up your Pinterest community. Also, visit boards of some of your followers and interact with them to foster that feeling of community.
- Broadcasting. Tell the world about your product or service. How? By using every social media channel available to you. In this case, linking your Pinterest to all of your other social media accounts can show fans and followers on other platforms what you're pinning to your boards, what you are talking about, and what can grab their interest. Ask your Pinterest followers to re-pin whenever possible and to share your boards with other friends.
- Content. Of course, the step that fuels the process and keeps consumers coming back is your content. Just like with any other social media platform, being a source of highly-informative, high-quality, fresh and unique content on a consistent basis will set your brand apart from others in your industry. So be sure to pin quality content often, content that is relevant to your audience, and re-pin from others who have valuable content to share. Most importantly, share any and all original content that you publish on your website, blog, or other social sites by pinning them to relevant boards.
- Conversion. The final step of the process, conversion, seeks to collect those prospects you acquired and retained with the first four steps and convert them into customers. The best way to do this through Pinterest is to always use pins as a vehicle to drive users to your website, and learn about or benefit from your products/services. Pinterest is a great vehicle for website traffic -- take advantage of that to ensure the highest possible conversion rate.
Learning tactical methodology for carrying out your Pinterest marketing strategy from start to finish will enable you to effectively reach your audience -- and see the results you want to see at the end of your campaign.
If you want to take a look at the Splash Media U training library, sign up for our 14-day free trial today. It comes bundled with SplashCube, our social media marketing software to help manage your social media campaigns!