How can you know if the YouTube strategy for your company's social media plan is achieving its objectives? One of the methods that many top tier social media professionals learn during their YouTube training is the Tactical Wheel method, which breaks down the social media strategy into five comprehensive steps that guide you through the process to achieve effective and measurable results.
How Does the Tactical Wheel Apply to YouTube Marketing?
The concept of YouTube marketing is nothing new; since its inception, YouTube has been a hub of valuable marketing content for various industries. As YouTube's platform evolves, more opportunities present themselves to social media professionals for more dynamic, comprehensive strategies that can potentially result in conversions and sales.
Once you have a solid understanding of your video assets, take the time to outline your social media business plan and incorporate YouTube marketing into it, considering carefully the steps in the Tactical Wheel and applying them to your overall strategy.
- Listening. Listen to the buzz around the Internet, paying close attention to those conversations that imply a potential interest in your industry or product. These conversations will produce an audience that is possibly “ready” to watch your video and learn more about your products and services.
- Building Community. Although YouTube is not necessarily the type of social media platform in which you build a community, you can definitely use the features in YouTube to identify your target audiences and share your videos with them. Identify those communities whose members have a high probability of sharing the video of your product with the rest of their social media connections.
- Broadcasting. When it comes to YouTube marketing, broadcasting is the most important step in the Tactical Wheel. In addition to having your active YouTube channel where you can share videos, be sure to broadcast them and share them with your target audiences in other platforms as well at least once a month. Also, use the broadcasting step to re-evaluate and discover more target audiences.
- Content. As with any other social media platform Tactical Wheel, be sure that the content in your videos is always high-quality and of significant value to your target audience. Followers will continue seeking out your products and services—and sharing your videos—as long as the content is of importance to them.
- Conversion. Finally, be sure to add links, call to actions, and discussion questions to your video descriptions. Share your videos in your other social media platforms, include links to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn in your descriptions as well as your videos, and encourage visits to your website through the video and the description. Make it easy for your audience to go from potential to actual customers.
Splash Media U is the place to get the YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook training you need to become a social media professional. To find out more, check out our online classes at our website, and visit our communities on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn today.