The key to having top ranking videos on YouTube is to employ the best YouTube optimization strategy for your business videos. Creating a video for your business and uploading it to YouTube with your company name simply isn't enough. As experts in social media training, Splash Media U™ knows what it takes to get your YouTube ranking up to the top. Here are the first 8 tips. Read my next week's Social SEO blog post to get 9 through 16!
YouTube Video Optimization Tips
YouTube ranking depends on several key factors. Take these factors into consideration and implement the tips below to ensure that your YouTube SEO soars to the top of the search engine results.
- Title -- Using keywords in your title is extremely important. YouTube limits titles to 100 characters, so choose the title wisely. Make a list of key phrases and incorporate one or two in the title of your video. Be sure to put the key phrase immediately in the beginning of the title so that spiderbots, which crawl left to right, categorize your video at the top of any search engine.
- Description – The description can contain up to 5000 characters, which is plenty of space for YouTube optimization. Use the same key phrases as in the title throughout the description, at least 3 to 6 times, with at least one of those being in the beginning. Use LSI (secondary) key phrases and make sure the content is readable. Don't forget to use links in the description.
- Tags -- Use exact tags -- the key phrases in quotations, and add the key phrases in order of importance.
- Views & Frequency -- Ensure the most views by using proper optimization, sharing your video in your social media sites, creating a blog post for your video or posting it on a blog, sharing your video internally with your company or externally through your client email distribution list.
- Likes, Dislikes -- Use annotations to encourage video “Likes.”
- Playlist Additions -- Create a video playlist with other videos of similar subjects. Be sure to use the key phrases in the playlist title.
- Flagging -- Avoid spam comments or inappropriate content on your video to prevent being flagged.
- Shares -- Annotations and social media sites will help you get shares.