Whether or not you use Twitter for your business is a personal decision, but if you decide Twitter could benefit your marketing efforts, you should implement these 10 Twitter best practices to see the results you desire. Here’s the Twitter training you’ve been looking for to help you build a following, develop a good reputation and earn your customers’ trust.
For Earth Day, we have put together the top then best practices for you to help make the earth (ok, your business) a better place!
- Share valuable information. Users turn to Twitter for the latest information about businesses, so Twitter best practices say you should share photos, behind-the-scenes info about your company and a glimpse at your newest projects and upcoming events.
- Listen to what others are saying about your company. Monitor the comments made about your brand, products and company overall.
- Ask what your followers want. This Twitter best practice is perfect for getting an insider’s look at what your customers want from you.
- Respond to comments. Acknowledge compliments and manage complaints in real time.
- Reward followers. Tweet about special offers, giving your followers the chance to enjoy exclusive discounts and deals.
- Show leadership and knowhow. Reference current events and link to topics that are relevant to the bigger picture.
- Champion your stakeholders. Reply publicly to complimentary tweets posted by your customers and other followers.
- Use the right voice. How do you want your business to appear on Twitter? Twitter best practices suggest you should use a direct, genuine and likeable tone, but your voice can vary from informal and witty to serious and professional. Choose your voice carefully and stay consistent.
- Humanize your digital presence. The way you tweet should make it clear that a person, not a robot, is running this Twitter account.
- Prove you are part of the community. Part of the reason people choose small businesses over corporate giants is the personable experience they are given. Use Twitter best practices to make your customers’ online experience with you just as personal as doing business with them in person.
Splash Media U provides Twitter training, as well as social media training that will help you increase your CTRs, your engagement value, and ROI. To learn more about our social media classes, sign up for our 14-day Free Trial, which includes our proprietary software solution, SplashCube.